Working for Dyesol provides intellectual stimulus, personal development, financial reward and career advancement. The friendly culture of our company and the exciting dynamics of our business all combine to offer an exciting and rewarding career.
We are currently seeking a Process Chemist to work within the Materials and Production Team based in Queanbeyan.
This position principally involves the development and production of chemicals pertinent to perovskite solar cell manufacture to ensure that Dyesol maintains a strong presence in the field of material retail and supply. These chemicals include, but are not limited to ligands, synthetic intermediates, metal-based coordinating complexes and ionic sensitisers.
Roles and Duties
The candidate is expected to perform a range of hands-on and theoretical activities/tasks including but not limited to the following specific duties:
- Materials production, upscale and process development
- Undertake experiment work in a laboratory environment according to existing procedures as well as defining and developing new procedures
- Manage sub-projects, including planning, resource allocation and timelines
- Report and document outcomes of work including conclusions and recommendations
- Ensure Intellectual Property is captured.
Qualifications and/or Experience
An appropriate postgraduate degree in Materials, Chemical Science, or Chemical Engineering, preferably at Masters Level. Ideally, the successful applicant will have experience in a similar role/industry.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Ability to work harmoniously within a team environment
- Proficiency in record keeping of experimental and production details
- Organised with a meticulous attention to detail
- Good written, verbal and oral communication and numeracy skills
- A understanding of Work Health and Safety rules and regulations within a laboratory environment
- Current driver’s license.
Dyesol supports a ‘one team’ culture and will offer a salary commensurate with skills and experience and the opportunity to establish a career with a world leader in the supply of 3rd Generation Solar Technology.
You must have the right to live and work in this location to apply for this position.
To apply for this role please forward a CV and cover letter addressing the selection criteria, before COB 17 March 2017.